1Q 2019 Broward County, FL, Retail Market Observations
Avison Young has prepared first quarter 2019 Broward County retail market observations as a result of physically visiting all of the shopping centers in the county over 20,000 square feet (a total of 599 shopping centers or 54.6 million square feet). The observations include vacancy, big-box tenancy, new developments, deliveries, “coming soon” space, etc. Please find this real-time information regarding Broward retail in the reports attached or via the following links.
Click here for the complete report on the Broward County Market.
Click Here for the complete report on the Broward County Grocery Market.
Click Here for the complete report on the Broward County Publix Market.
Here’s a summary of what you’ll find:
- Occupancy of all existing centers is down 30 bps from last year's 90.1%.
- There are 53 big boxes and 38 junior boxes that are vacant in the market.
- Publix-anchored centers (84 in this market), as a group, are 93.7% occupied.
- Six centers (720K SF) were delivered within the past 12 months.
- Eight centers (1.4M SF), ranging in size from 30K SF to 400K SF are in development.
- Twenty-seven centers are undergoing redevelopment and comprise 3M SF.
- Over 735,000 sf of currently vacant space is "Coming Soon."